Outline of a typical week:
- MONDAY: Earthplace Sanctuary. We get to know each other, explore the sanctuary’s trails, streams, ponds, and climbing trees.
- TUESDAY: TBD based on group input
- WEDNESDAY: Canoeing on the Saugatuck River. A camp favorite!
- THURSDAY: TBD based on group input
- FRIDAY: Sherwood Island State Park. We enjoy the summer at one of Westport’s best coastal spots. With wildlife, coastline, and the Long Island Sound – it is always a fun day with friends!
- Drop-off: 9 am
- Travel: We will leave by 9:30 am for field trips. Campers will be transported in the Earthplace vans and driven by their respective counselors. Masks must be worn while inside the vans.
- Snacks: Usually we snack upon arriving at our destination, as well as after our adventure.
- Lunch: We eat a picnic lunch in the middle of our adventure (around 12:30 pm).
- Adventure: Typically four hours of total activity time, split into two blocks by a lunch break. Can be a hike, canoe trip, beach day, or other fun activities.
- Pick-up 4:00 pm