Earthplace Photographer of the Year
- Dates: Begins Fri. April 22, 2022 – Ends Fri. March 31, 2023, the winner will be selected Sat. April 22, 2023.
- Entry: Via email, please send your photos or (<2min) video to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Process: The panel of judges will select 40 ‘short list’ images; 10 from each category for adults/10 from each category for children
- Judges: Will be announced in the coming months.
- Winners: An adult and child winner for each category will be chosen on the evening of Sat. April 22, 2023
- Prize: $300 per adult for first prize in each category, a gift certificate to Milford Photo, and more. $100 per child for first prize in each category, a gift certificate to Milford Photo, and more.
- Earthplace grounds
- Earthplace animals (residents and wildlife on our grounds)
- Long Island Sound or local waterways
- Best nature photo of CT in spring/summer/fall/winter
Please email photographs, or videos of less than 2 min with no sound, along with required information (see below) to email@example.com. Photographs must be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg or .png format, and no larger than 10 MB. You must answer all of the questions below per photo but you can submit multiple photos per email as long as everything is clearly labeled. In the email submission please:
- Provide the full name and age of the photographer
- Title of the photo
- Provide the date, time, and location the photo was taken
- A brief description
- Details of the camera or phone used to take the photo
- Agree with the statement below:
You retain your rights to your photograph; however, by entering the contest, you grant Earthplace a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any purpose. Earthplace will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.