- This event has passed.
June 18, 2023 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm$15 – $40
Our canoe paddles are a great way to spend an afternoon on the water with family and friends! We will travel along the Saugatuck River in search of egrets, osprey, ducks, shorebirds and much more! Canoes, paddles and personal flotation devices (required for all participants) are included!
Earthplace encourages people with special needs to participate in this event. Two spots, in one canoe, are reserved and participants must be able to follow directions and get in/out of a canoe independently.
Location: Arrive at Earthplace, Caravan to Saugatuck River
Ages: 3+ (Due to safety requirements, children under three will not be accommodated.)
Members: $30 per Adult, $15 per Child (Under 12)
Non-members: $40 per Adult, $20 per Child (Under 12)
Private Canoe Paddle: $300. For this booking, you will have up to 5 canoes available. Email Veronica Swain, Director of Nature Programs, for more information.
Complete registration online or call 203-557-4400.
- Space is limited and advanced registration is strongly recommended.
- Income-eligible Westport residents are able to participate at no cost thanks to a scholarship program. Please call to register and mention this when booking.
- All sales are final. No refunds. Exchanges for another date can only be made up to 72 hours before the event and incur a $30 change fee per canoe.
- If Earthplace cancels the event, it will be rescheduled or refunded.
Prepare for your Canoe Paddle
- We highly recommend you can fulfill the 3 Golden Rules of Canoeing Technique before booking (video from CanoeingTV on YouTube)
- Wear appropriate clothing for the weather and bring a change of clothes
- Bring a water bottle and snacks
Upon arrival at Earthplace
- Meet the Naturalist leading the group at the front doors of the building to be fitted for your Personal Flotation Device and paddles
- Canoes will be assigned and shared in family groups
- We will then caravan to the canoe site
COMPLETE CANOE PADDLE CALENDAR
WEEKDAY DATE TIME REGISTRATION LINK Sunday August 6, 2023 1pm-3pm REGISTER Saturday Sept 23, 2023 1pm-3pm REGISTER Sunday Oct 22, 2023 1pm-3pm REGISTER Saturday Nov 4, 2023 1pm-3pm REGISTER