The Earthplace community relies heavily on support from volunteers. There are a variety of ways volunteers can get involved here at Earthplace. Whether it is through regularly volunteering in our animal hall or day-of event assistance; it all makes a huge impact in Earthplace’s success.
Below are some of our examples of possible volunteer opportunities, some restrictions may apply:
· Animal Care: must be 16 years or older, orientation required
· Connecticut Birds of Prey Exhibit: must be 18 years or older, orientation required
· Garden maintenance
· Grounds maintenance
· Trails maintenance
· Harbor Watch Dissolved Oxygen (DO) profiling: Must be 18 years or older, May- September ONLY
· Harbor Watch Field Sampling and Water Quality Monitoring: Must be 18 years or older, May & September
· Harbor Watch Fish Trawl: Students 14-17 years old, June-August
· Office maintenance
· Special Events
o Earthplace Festival Weekend-October
o Cocktails & Clams-June
o Green Gala-March
Please note: Since we operate a preschool at Earthplace, we must run background checks on all volunteers. There is a cost associated with running background checks that is the responsibility of the volunteer to cover. The cost associated with running background checks varies by individual. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a background authorization form and the volunteer coordinator will be in touch with payment information.
For more information, please send a brief email to Devan Shulby at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 203.557.4332
Thank you for your interest in supporting Earthplace.