Development & Marketing Associate
Earthplace is seeking a part-time Development and Marketing Associate with strong organizational skills, and experience with web, social media, and donor management platforms. This position reports to the Director of Development, and works alongside the Marketing Communications Manager.
- Produce and manage all digital media content including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coordinate the production of a range of materials for donor solicitation, including background materials and collateral to leave with funders.
- Ensure accurate donor activity tracking in NEON database, including donor information, event attendance and volunteer engagement.
- Assist with planning and executing special events including fund raising and environmental education series.
- Work with team on identifying grant funding sources, putting together and following up on grant proposals.
- Process and acknowledge gifts in a timely and IRS compliant manner
- Provide reports and lists as needed
- Handle other administrative details associated with brand awareness and donor management
- Coordinate and provide content for semi-annual newsletter
- Manage complimentary membership donations for other local non-profits
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in a non-profit is required
- Development and/or Marketing experience a plus
- Must have a passion for nature and environmental learning
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with MS Word & Excel
- Experience with a CRM software system is desired
- Must have the ability to work independently, manage time effectively, and multi-task
Profile of Ideal Candidate:
A team player comfortable in a support role with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines. A strong communicator and fast learner who can work easily with colleagues at all levels.
- This is a part-time position; approximately 20 hours per week
- Compensation commensurate with experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job Posting Assistant Teacher
Earthplace Preschool offers a unique brand of nature-based preschool in Westport, CT. The preschool uses Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) concepts in all areas of our curriculum with an emphasis on nature. Each day children learn through exploration, investigation and experimentation! The children construct their own learning using critical thinking skills, creativity, and innovation.
Our new program for infants and toddlers called The Nest at Earthplace promises the same high quality of care and innovation. Teachers are given extensive professional development experiences, and trainings. At Earthplace, we encourage and expect teachers to increase their knowledge and facilitate the learning of young children!
Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher - Entry-Level;
- ECE courses and/ or 2 years working with toddlers and/or preschoolers.
In addition, we are looking for:
- A passion and commitment to make a positive difference in the lives of young children and families.
- Hard-working, reliable and desire to learn
- Working knowledge of CT Statutes and Regulations, NAEYC criteria, and the CT ELDS
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Computer Literacy
One position available.
12:15 PM to 6:00 PM
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Earthplace provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals without discrimination.
Animal Care Technician
The Animal Care Technician is a part-time position working 19-23 hours per week. The position’s role is part of a cohesive team that cares for our animals and provides experiential nature education to children and adults through organized programs and visitor experiences. Please send cover letter and resume to:
Becky Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information.
Naturalist Internship (unpaid)
Gain experience in environmental education programming, animal care and trail maintenance.
Click here for more information.
Other Employment Opportunities
We often look for qualified candidates to fill a variety positions. If you're interested in being a part of our Animal Hall, Visitor Services team or education programs, please submit your inquiry. If a position opens, we will make every effort to contact you.
Click here to fill out our Employment Interest Form.
The mission of Earthplace is to build a passion in our community for nature and the environment through education, experience, and action.
In compliance with all federal and state legislation and regulations regarding non-discrimination, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, expression and characteristics, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, visible or invisible disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.