- Q: What is different about Earthplace Summer Camp?
- A: At Earthplace Summer Camp we prioritize nature discovery. Our staff is experienced in nature education, and they encourage campers to explore new frontiers. We set safe boundaries within which campers are free and inspired to adventure in their own way at their own pace and to get dirty in the process.
- Q: What happens if it rains?
- A: We still play outside! Rain is nature too, and it’s a great opportunity for campers to explore being safe and comfortable outside in various conditions. If there is thunder, lightning or high winds, campers will stay inside and interact with the animals, conduct science experiments, create nature art or any number of engaging indoor activities. If there is a heat advisory or low air quality, campers do go outside, but for a limited time.
- Q: Can my child and friends be in the same camp group?
- A: Group requests will be honored as long as campers are in the same age group. If campers are not the same age and still want to be together, they will both be with the younger group. If campers are both ages 3-5, please register for the Robins group.
- Q: What forms does my child need for a complete camp registration?
- A: There are several forms that need to be filled out for each camper before a registration is complete. They can all be found on our website, and they include the Camper Record Form, a current Medical Form and a Medication Permission Form. All forms must be downloaded and returned at least two weeks prior to the start of the chosen camp session. All forms are good for multiple sessions.
- Q: What if my child has allergies?
- A: If your child has an allergy that requires medication to be present, you must provide the medication and the doctor’s authorization form.
- Q: What do you do about ticks?
- A: We visually scan the children after they’ve been in the woods, and we ask parents to do a tick check every evening. If a child is brought to the nurse with a tick, she will remove it and save it so parents can take it for testing if they wish.
- Q: What should we pack for summer camp?
- A: Reusable water bottle
Lunch and a snack, packed in separate bags
Sunscreen and bug spray, if you've submitted the accompanying form
A change of clothes
- Q: After I've registered for camp, my confirmation email states my camp start date as June 11, 2018. Why doesn't it state the start date of the session for which I've registered?
- A: Our system can only state the start date of the camp season. It cannot list on your registration confirmation the start date of the specific session for which you registered. If you need to review the session for which you registered, you can log into our website and review your account.
- Q: What if my child has special needs?
A: Earthplace has a long history of including children with special needs in all of our programming. The key to a successful experience is parent communication. Please let us know your child’s needs during the registration process so we can provide the right staffing and make recommendations on the best group size and activities.
- Q: What is your refund policy?
- A: Please register carefully. Earthplace does not issue refunds unless the program is cancelled. Emergency situations will be considered at the discretion of Earthplace. If you have any questions, please contact Amee Borys or Becky Newman at 203-557-4400.