Earthplace is a donor supported, non-profit organization committed to building passion and respect for the natural world and a more sustainable future for our community.
What We Do
Earthplace blends science, conservation, and education into pathways for learning about nature and the environment.
Why We Do It
- Open space is valuable and needs our protection
- Injured and orphaned animals need homes (and friends)
- Time spent with nature builds trust and a sense of belonging
- Education deepens our understanding of the natural world and makes us care
- Science and research promote environmental awareness that guides individual actions
- Civic engagement allows for transformative ideas to be shared, and a more sustainable community to be formed
What We Provide
- A 62-acre nature and wildlife sanctuary, interpretive exhibits, and 50+ animal ambassadors
- A water quality research lab for 200+ field sites and student programs
- Educational programs connecting children to nature
- An outdoor amphitheater, walking trails, picnic grove, and a 22,000 square foot learning center
What We Value
- Access to nature for all regardless of age, ability, religion, ethnicity, and gender.
- Making an impact through science and discovery
- Active community engagement and collaboration
- Inspired teaching and learning
- Being a great place to work, visit, and volunteer